Wednesday Addams Heart Wands are the perfect DIY Anti-Valentine’s Day Party prop! Have you been watching the new Addams Family spin-off series Wednesday on Netflix? She’s always been cool, but now her style is totally trending. I couldn’t wait to make these Wednesday-Inspired Heart Wands – a craft customized to match Wednesday’s unique style.
So, for all you Wednesday Addams fans out there, don’t be too brokenhearted about Valentine’s Day this year. Celebrate it in style by crafting your very own anti-Valentines heart wand and watching Netflix!
This craft is perfect for crafters of all ages – with just a few materials and minimal effort, even non-crafters can make this fantastic Wednesday Addams-themed wand in no time!
These wands make great gifts or decorations, and they’re sure to be a hit at any Anti-valentines, Wednesday-themed birthday, or Addams family-inspired Halloween party.
Wave a Wicked Wednesday Addams Heart Wand
If you’re steering clear of Valentine’s Day this year, then why not let Wednesday Addams act as your love guru? The iconic and sardonic character made famous by Netflix is a great muse for anyone who wants to flip the idea of Valentine’s Day to anti-Valentine’s.
A Wednesday Addams quote removes any shred of saccharine sentimentality associated with the day and replaces it with something more your style: tongue-in-cheek comedy that still reads flirty.
It’s time to give Valentine’s Day a morbid twist! This fun activity will give you a chance to make use of Wednesday Addams’ wise words. Plus it has plenty of crafty possibilities – get creative and make something truly one-of-a-kind!
What you need to make Wednesday Addams heart wands:
- 3D Wood Heart Wand
- Black Paint
- Black & White Check Ribbon
- Black Lace Ribbon
- Black Tinsel Ribbon
- White Vinyl for Cricut or Letter Stickers
How to make a Wednesday Addams heart wands:
Watch this video or read on for step-by-step instructions. While you are there be sure to check out more Wednesday Addams-themed crafts & party ideas!
First, paint the wooden heart wand black.
Next, cut your selected quote out in white vinyl and apply it to the heart. I used the Ariel font which is close to regular conversation hearts.
Next, cut lengths of black lace, yarn, and tinsel and tie these around the base of the heart. Trim to suit your preference.
Then, cut a length ribbon in Wednesday Addams’s signature black & white check and tie it around the base of the heart. Trim to suit your preference.
For an easy craft, I think these Wednesday Addams-themed heart wands turned out super cute and so unique!
Don’t forget to check out my other Wednesday Addams party and craft ideas:
- Wickedly Wonderful Wednesday Addams Party Ideas
- DIY Wednesday Addams Place Cards
- DIY Wednesday Addams Conversation Hearts
- DIY Wednesday Addams Cloche Decor
If you want traditional Valentine’s craft inspiration, don’t miss my post with 8 Easy & Inexpensive Dollar Store Valentines Day Crafts.
PIN FOR LATER:
Wednesday Addams Heart Wands
- Pair of Scissors
- 1 Wood Heart Wands (I found mine at Dollar Tree)
- Black & White Check Ribbon
- White Vinyl (I found mine at Michaels)
- Black Tinsel
- Black Yarn
- Black Lace
- First, paint the wood heart wand black & let dry
- Then, cut your selected quote out in white vinyl and apply to the heart. I used the Ariel font which is close to regular conversation hearts
- Next, cut lengths of black lace, yarn and tinsel and tie these around the base of the heart. Trim to suit your preference.
- Finally, tie black & white checkered ribbon around the bottom of the heart