Let’s be real for a minute – cash isn’t the most glamorous gift to give, but it’s often what someone wants to receive most. Particularly graduates, who are often on their way to college and in need of supplies! Cash allows recipients to choose exactly what they want or need the most, but there is something about just handing someone cash or putting it in a regular card that feels a bit…impersonal. That’s why I’ve come up with fun and creative ways to give a cash graduate gift! These ideas will allow you to personalize the cash graduate gift and put a bit more thoughtful (but easy!) effort in.
DIY Cash Graduate Gift Ideas
First things first, be sure to check out my Amazon shop for a one-stop shopping list of all the supplies you’ll need to make these creative cash graduate gifts.
As a blogger, I sometimes receive compensation and/or products in exchange for my styling and crafting services. I also may earn a small commission from any sales that result from affiliate links on this page. As always, all project ideas and any opinions expressed here are my own. For further information on our disclosure policy please check out our disclosure page.
1 – Confetti Popper Cash Gradute Gift
- Plastic popper
- Confetti (if not included with the poppers)
- Graduate stickers or cut vinyl
- Gold paper
- Roll the bills and tie them with ribbon.
- After that, open the plastic popper and remove the confetti (save it).
- Then, place the rolled-up bills into the plastic popper, standing upright.
- Fill empty space in the popper with confetti.
- Replace the cap on the popper.
- Finally, use gold paper and stickers or cut vinyl to decorate the outside of the confetti popper.
2 – Harry Potter Potion Bottle
- Roll cash and tie with ribbon.
- Insert rolled bills into potion bottle.
- After that, add confetti to the bottle and seal it.
- Then, add a potion bottle sticker to the outside of the bottle.
- Finally, add a winged “key to the future” on the bottle with glue dots.
3 – Fantastic Beasts Cash Graduate Gift
- Briefcase or satchel gift box
- Fantastic Beasts Stickers
- Mini cauldron
- Winged key
- Sage stick
- First, roll the bills and tie them with ribbon.
- Insert bills into the potion bottle.
- Add confetti to the bottle and replace the lid.
- After that, add a potion sticker to the bottle and place it in the briefcase.
- Tie ribbon around the mini cauldron to make a bow.
- Fold or roll bills so that they fit inside the mini cauldron, and place the cauldron into the briefcase, cash up.
- Then, add a crystal, flying key, sage stick or other magical items into the empty spaces in the briefcase.
- Add more confetti to the briefcase and close the lid.
- Finally, decorate the outside of the briefcase with stickers or cut vinyl, if desired.
4 – Travel-Themed Cash Graduate Gift
- Fold cash into paper airplanes.
- Then, attach the airplanes to the globe using glue dots.
- After that, place travel stickers on the globe.
- Finally, add alphabet stickers to say “Grad” on the globe.
5 – “Break in Case of Graduation” Cash Box
- At first, take the back off of the shadow box.
- Cut a piece of scrapbook paper to cover the back panel.
- Once that’s done, roll cash and tie with ribbons.
- Then, attach the rolled cash to the back panel.
- After that, replace the back panel in the shadow box.
- Then, add some confetti to the shadow box.
- Finally, use a cut vinyl letters or letter stickers to add “Break in case of Graduation” on the front of the box.
Don’t forget to check out my Amazon shop for a one-stop shopping list of all the supplies you’ll need to make these creative cash graduate gifts.