Planning a Valentine’s Day or Galentine’s Day get-together? Create the perfect “Love Story” inspired by Taylor Swift by creating a DIY Valentine’s Day Friendship Bracelet Backdrop. This backdrop is easy and fun to make with affordable materials, and is sure to bring the warmth of friendship and the vibes of Taylor Swift’s tunes to your celebration. Read on for the steps and materials you’ll need to create your own “Valentine Era” party garland!
How to Create a Taylor Swift Valentine’s Day Friendship Bracelet Garland
- Foam circles (I used 5″ ones, but you could use smaller 3″ if you choose)
- Letter stickers (festive silver or classic black are both great options)
- Ball pit balls, hearts, and stars
- Fishing line
- Heated foam cutter
- Large embroidery needle
- Fringe backdrops (optional)
- Mirror tile edging (optional)
See below for some of the supplies and visit my LTK post for easy links to what I used!
- Use the foam cutter to add holes to each side of the foam circles and ball pit “beads”.
- Add your letter stickers to one side of the foam circles to spell out your Taylor Swift friendship bracelet garland phrase.
- (Optional) Add mirror tiles around the edges of the foam circle “beads” (be careful to leave the holes for the string uncovered).
- Use the embroidery needle and fishing line to thread the “beads” together in whatever pattern you’d like until you’re satisfied with your garland!
- (Optional) Hang the garland in front of a fringe backdrop from Oh My Darling Party Co. for extra oomph!
Check out the video below to watch me make mine!
View this post on Instagram
Whether it’s for Valentine’s Day or Galentine’s Day, here’s to celebrating love, friendship, T-Swift, and the joy of crafting! Before you go, be sure to check out the whole Taylor Swift Valentine’s Day Bracelet Making Party I styled for my daughter and her friends, as well as the cute DIY Taylor Swift Lyric Conversation Heart decor and DIY Taylor Swift Microphone Favors.
As a blogger, I sometimes receive compensation and/or products in exchange for my styling and crafting services. I also may earn a small commission from any sales that result from affiliate links on this page. As always, all project ideas and any opinions expressed here are my own. For further information on our disclosure policy please check out our disclosure page.